Carrageenans are a family of linear sulphated polysaccharides that are extracted from red edible seaweeds. They are widely used in the food industry, for their gelling, thickening, and stabilizing properties. Their main application is in dairy and meat products, due to their strong binding to food proteins. There are three main varieties of carrageenan, which differ in their degree of sulphation. Kappa-carrageenan has one sulphate group per disaccharide. Iota-carrageenan has two sulphates per disaccharide. Lambda carrageenan has three sulphates per disaccharide.
Carrageenan is a vegetarian and vegan alternative to gelatin in some applications or may be used to replace gelatin in confectionery.
Food and other domestic uses
- Desserts, ice cream, cream, milkshakes, yogurts, salad dressings, sweetened condensed milks
- Sauces: used to increase viscosity
- clarifier to remove haze-causing proteins
- Ps and processed meats (e.g., ham): substitute for fat, increase water retention, and increase volume, or improve sliceability
- Toothpaste: stabilizer to prevent constituents separating
- Fruit Gushers: ingredient in the encapsulated gel
- Shampoo and cosmetic creams: thickener
- Air freshener gels
- Biotechnology: gel to immobilize cells/enzymes
- Pharmaceuticals: used as an inactive excipient in pills/tablets
- Soy milk and other plant milks: used to thicken, in an attempt to emulate the consistency of whole milk
- Diet sodas: to enhance texture and suspend flavours
- Pet food
- Vegetarian hot dogs
Our Aquagel range of Carrageenan based products specially formulated as a gelling agent in water dessert jellies. It gives a transparent gel with minimal syneresis. Aquagel is also designed to provide a uniform, smooth, strong elastic gel texture. Unlike other gelling agents, Aquagel sets at short time at room temperature.
- 100 Per Day
- 4-5 Days
- Contact us for information regarding our sample policy
- Packing in plastic bag
- All India
RZ-D-301, Upper Ground Floor ,St. No. 9, Near Railway Road ,Sadh nagar, Palam Colony, New Delhi, Delhi, 110045, India